Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Morning weary

I begin my days rushed.  This day was no different.  But I always have a brief moment of peace--as I peer out my window and witness the beginnings of a sunrise.  But today, I gazed out to see my newly planted daisies dead.  :( The silver lining? My sunflowers are still growing. I never had much of a green thumb, it seems.  Lady extraordinaire that I recently met claims she has a black thumb.  Yet, she is growing her own version of a tremendous garden.  So there is. Hope.  What I am living by these days.  HOPE for great movement and belief.

Sandice gave me this wonderful book:

Meet her: FrugalFashionableFarmer.  She's a wonderful lady, filled with insight. And she has a farm.  We have future plans to play with her goats.  Stay tuned.

Thoughts: What's so wrong about self-sustenance?  Build your own, harvest your own, make your own, and (my personal fave) cook your own.  We're so indulgent...I love the simplicity of it all.  Let's create life...sort of exciting, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment